Monday, November 5, 2012

Oil change and tire rotation

Just kidding. Though it does feel like we do that from time to time with Maggie.

I can't get over how fast this week has flown by. Yesterday we packed our stuff and headed over to the Radisson because our time at the Ronald McDonald House was up. Being  at their short term stay rooms , you can only stay for up to a maxiumum of 4 days and since we would be here for 6 we needed to go elsewhere.

The Ronald McDonald House here in Cincinnati is a very popular place, and rightfully so. Its become our second home and each time we've stayed we've always made friends, and talk and meet with so many different families.




Maggie and Hannah made friends with a little girl named Megan who is 8 yrs old. She has ALL Lukemia and we pray that she will make it through her bone marrow transplant. I wished I would have gotten an email or a facebook page , but I was to busy feeling sick from having been up all night throwing up. I'm not sure if I got a tummy flu or if it was from something I ate. But thankfully I'm the only one who got sick. Its probably my body's way of saying "your stressed out."  The girls gave each other a hug and we wished them all the best and that we would pray for them.  With that said later on in the day Maggie started to cry and cry , and it was because she missed her friend Megan.  I felt so bad because I couldn't really comfort her like I wished I could because I was afraid of her catching what I had. But I did tell her that it was okay to miss her friend and that maybe her friend will be healed of her cancer and we can be happy for them.

Other than that we had to kill 5 hours in between our leaving from the RMH and our stay at the hotel. That was a long 5 hours because I felt so awful. I don't think it would have been so bad if I would have felt better. But all I wanted to do was lay in a bed and go to sleep.  Once it was 3 o'clock we checked in , came up , and Tim went to bring the stuff up and I was out like a light for about an hour.  I don't even remember falling asleep.  But at almost 10 pm at night now I'm starting to feel a little more human.

Today is Maggie's cystoscopy and SP tube change. So we head over to the hospital at 1 pm to have it done at 2:30.  Maggie has not been  a happy camper having to wait to eat. So she made a rule that if she can't eat, no one can right now.
  We'll see what Dr. DeFoor has to say after the scope and make our plans to once again come down to Cincinnati for next spring or so.  I will say that I do still need the time to digest all of it because I feel like we've had so many changes so fast.  Good and bad ones.





We want to once again thank everyone who has donated and who will donate to help us. We know now that we do have to come back again , and for another long stay and not so fun surgery. He hope and pray it makes a big difference. Know that you too can make a difference by donating to help us for this next comingn trip and for Maggie's medical supplies that her insurance does not cover. We can't thank everyone enough for the kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment